The birth experience is a life-changing event that will be a special memory and time for you, your family and friends. The Your Special Nurse service is one of the many ways St. Luke's provides the personalized care and attention your birth experience deserves.
By participating in the Your Special Nurse program, you can take advantage of these special services:
- Personal tour of the St. Luke's Birth Care Suites — when it's convenient for you — to help you plan your birth experience
- Visit with Your Special Nurse midway through your pregnancy
- Assistance in selecting the prenatal classes that fit your needs and schedule
- One-on-one review of prenatal and childbirth information
- One-on-one review of birth options and family preferences
- Assistance with pre-registration, including helpful tips for selecting a pediatrician
- Information on car seat selection and installation
- One-on-one review of breastfeeding resources, including St. Luke's Lactation Center, lactation consultant services and products available for purchase or rent (such as breast pumps and other nursing supplies)
- A resource for general pregnancy questions and to discuss any concerns throughout your pregnancy
- Hospital visit or follow-up call by Your Special Nurse after the birth of your baby
For more information about St. Luke's Hospital's Your Special Nurse program, please contact Jan Gunn, RNC, BSN, Your Special Nurse program coordinator, at 314-205-6385 or Jan.Gunn@stlukes-stl.com.
St. Luke's Hospital is a regional healthcare provider committed to improving the quality of life for patients and the community. It offers care in more than 60 specialty areas and was the only St. Louis hospital named an America's 50 Best Hospital™ by Healthgrades® in 2007 through 2014 based on quality.
See what's happening at St. Luke's Hospital and pick up a few health and wellness tips for you and your family.
"In the Sproutlight" is a sponsored opportunity. For more information on sponsorship, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-828-4246.
From the calendar