- Look for the term "complete and balanced" on your bag of dog food. This ensures it meets federal (FDA) and state regulatory standards.
- Most dogs can be fed twice a day. The Purina Farms performing dogs get a meal in the morning to give them the necessary energy they need throughout the day. Then, they get a meal in the evening to help them recover from a full day of activity.
- Choose a food that supports your dog's individual lifestyle. If your dog is an active dog, a food with added protein and glucosamine would be a good choice. But if your dog is a little overweight, a weight management formula might be the best option.
- Safe and healthy treats can be given to your dog throughout the day. If used in moderation, treats are a great way to reward your dog while training.
- Always use caution before giving your dog any human food. Some human foods like grapes, raisins, onions and, of course, chocolate can be harmful to your dog.
The Pro Plan Performance Team, consisting of more than 15 remarkably talented canines, entertains audiences at Purina Farms with extraordinary feats of athleticism and skill. The team, which is made up primarily of rescued dogs, is living proof that with premium, high-quality nutrition, proper expert training and lots of unconditional love any pet has the ability to achieve greatness.
See what's happening at the Farms! Visit Purina Farms' Sproutlight Page.
In the Sproutlight is a sponsored opportunity. For more information on sponsorship, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-828-4246.From the calendar