St. Louis County Parks
Several parks are hosting hayrides this fall, many of which are coupled with bonfires or live entertainment. The rides range from $7-10 per person, depending on location.
- Harvest Moon Hayrides in Queeny Park — adults only; music, bonfire and refreshments.
- Creve Coeur Park — Sept. 23-24 with country music and refreshments.
- History Hayrides at Faust Park — Oct. 7-8 with storytelling, refreshments and music.
- Jefferson Barracks — Sept. 10 and 11 with historical reenactors; Oct. 22 with music and food trucks.
- Lone Elk Park — Oct. 14-15 with wildlife viewing, music, a bonfire and refreshments.
- Family hayride and music under the stars at Greensfelder Park — Oct. 22.
- Living History Hayrides at Fort Belle Fontaine Park — Oct. 15-16.
For reservations or more information, visit the St. Louis County Parks website.
Eckert's Millstadt Farm
The Millstadt location of Eckert's Farms will host Haunted Hayrides every Friday and Saturday night from Sept. 9 through Oct. 29. Wagons wind through the orchards after dark as ghouls and goblins make their presence known. No reservations are necessary. Hayrides are included with the $12.50 Fun Farm admission.
Eckert's Millstadt Farm is located at 2719 Eckert Orchard Lane, Millstadt, IL, 62260.
St. Charles County
St. Charles County Parks offers weekly hayrides for groups Friday nights Sept. 16-Nov. 13; wagons are $125, and hold up to 20 people. Individuals and families may also enjoy hayrides for a nominal fee at the Fall Harvest Festival 10 a.m.-4 p.m. For toe-tappin' fun, bring the kids to the Hayride Hoedown Saturday, Oct. 22. Enjoy a wagon ride, a light dinner, s'mores and a performance by Babaloo. Hayrides will be offered at 6, 6:45 and 7 p.m. The event is $10.50 per person, and reservations are required. Call 636-949-7535.
Broemmelsiek Park is located at 1615 Schwede Road, Wentzville, MO, 63385.
Best Bets articles represent the views and the research completed by St. Louis Sprout & About journalists and are not driven by advertising or requests by vendors or venues. Best Bets do not imply an endorsement of a business or activity.
From the calendar