St. Louis County Parks
Several parks are hosting hayrides this fall, many of which are coupled with bonfires or live entertainment. The rides range from $7-10 per person, depending on location.
- Fall Family Hayride at Creve Coeur Park — Sept. 23-24 featuring country music and refreshments.
- History Hayrides at Faust Park — Oct. 6-7 featuring storytelling, refreshments and music.
- Living History Hayrides Jefferson Barracks — Sept. 9-10 featuring historical reenactors; Oct. 21 with music and food trucks.
- Lone Elk Park — Oct. 20-21 featuring wildlife viewing, music, a bonfire and refreshments.
- Family hayride and music under the stars at Greensfelder Park — Oct. 7.
- Living History Hayrides at Fort Belle Fontaine Park — Oct. 14-15.
Eckert's Millstadt Farm
The Millstadt location of Eckert's Farms will host Haunted Hayrides every Friday and Saturday night throughout September and October. Wagons wind through the orchards after dark as ghouls and goblins make their presence known. No reservations are necessary. One hayride is included with the $13 Fun Farm admission. Additional rides are $6 each.
Eckert's Millstadt Farm is located at 2719 Eckert Orchard Lane, Millstadt, IL.
St. Charles County
St. Charles County Parks offers weekly hayrides for groups Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights Sept. 22-Nov. 13; wagons are $125, and hold up to 20 people. Individuals and families may also enjoy hayrides for a nominal fee at the Fall Harvest Festival Saturday, Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For toe-tappin' fun, bring the kids to the Hayride Hoedown Saturday, Oct. 21. Enjoy a wagon ride, light dinner, s'mores and a performance by Babaloo. Hayrides will be offered at 6, 6:45 and 7 p.m. The event is $10.50 per person, and reservations are required. Call 636-949-7535.
Broemmelsiek Park is located at 1615 Schwede Road, Wentzville, MO.
The City of St. Charles offers two-hour hayride experiences that include dinner. The cost is $300 for up to 25 passengers. Hayrides take place at Blanchette Landing Fridays and Saturdays at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required.
Guests with groups of 25 or 50 can reserve a tractor-pulled hayride and bonfire in Fort Zumwalt Park from Oct. 4-29. Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Hayrides are offered Wednesdays through Fridays at 6:30 p.m.; and Saturdays and Sundays at 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Costs range from $99 to $177.
Best Bets articles represent the views and the research completed by St. Louis Sprout & About journalists and are not driven by advertising or requests by vendors or venues. Best Bets do not imply an endorsement of a business or activity.
From the calendar