- Expose your dog to a variety of life experiences as soon and as often as you can. Take him to the park to play or just walk him around the neighborhood. These outings allow him to become familiar with new people, dogs, noises, cars and other everyday things.
- Always keep your dog on a leash when outside of your home, especially when you are introducing him to new people or other pets.
- Keep all greetings and interactions short and positive to prevent your dog from being overwhelmed and to make the experiences rewarding.
- Set a goal to introduce your dog to a new place each month to keep it interesting and break up the routine. Your dog will be more excited to go with you if he has a different positive adventure each time.
- Remember "Safety First" as you take your dog out of his comfort zone for socializing opportunities.
The Pro Plan Performance Team, consisting of more than 15 remarkably talented canines, entertains audiences at Purina Farms with extraordinary feats of athleticism and skill. The team, which is made up primarily of rescued dogs, is living proof that with premium, high-quality nutrition, proper expert training and lots of unconditional love any pet has the ability to achieve greatness.
See what's happening at the Farms! Visit Purina Farms' Sproutlight Page.
In the Sproutlight is a sponsored opportunity. For more information on sponsorship, e-mail [email protected] or call 636-828-4246.