Here’s why Kiddie Academy incorporates sensory play into your child’s day:
• Sensory play allows children to practice problem-solving skills.
• Using the senses helps children to build their vocabulary. Linking an object with how it feels, smells or tastes helps to imprint the word in your child’s memory.
• Play without an intended outcome is a terrific way to boost your child’s creativity.
• Manipulating a variety of textures can hone fine motor skills.
• Your child will love it, and learn something new in the process.
According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, when children play, they are thinking, innovating, negotiating and taking risks. They create make-believe events and scenarios as they practice concepts they’ve learned. Early learning settings, like Kiddie Academy, are the best environments in which to practice these skills and attitudes because they’re safe places to take risks and try new ideas and possibilities.
By having fun children can build and refine social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills, as well as retain key information. Play builds confidence so children feel comfortable as they meet challenges in life, and it teaches them to persevere, try new things, and gain character values.
Come in and tour the Kiddie Academy classrooms to see how the Life Essentials curriculum and daily program helps infants, toddlers, and preschoolers build critical skills while having fun. To find out more about Kiddie Academy of Des Peres and Kiddie Academy of O’Fallon, visit www.kiddieacademy.com/stlouis.
An educationally-based childcare center, Kiddie Academy serves families of children ages six weeks to pre-K in new, state-of-the-art facilities, including cutting-edge technology. Child-specific learning-through-play methodology is utilized to provide developmental opportunities for children that focus on their interests and capabilities and include character education and a focus on health and fitness. The Life Essentials® Pillars of education prepares children fully for school and for life.
"In the Sproutlight" is a sponsored opportunity. For more information on sponsorship, e-mail [email protected] or call 636-828-4246.
From the calendar