1. Saint Louis Zoo is open 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
2. Steinberg Skating Rink is open 10 a.m.-midnight.
3. Garden Glow at the Missouri Botanical Garden, Santa's Magical Kingdom, Lebanon Winter Wonderland, Winter Wonderland at Tilles Park and Way of Lights (light display only) are all open the evening of Thanksgiving. Get light display details.
4. Santa's Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops in St. Charles is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
5. The Missouri Botanical Garden's Gardenland Express holiday flower and train show is open 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
6. The 2017 Ameren Missouri Thanksgiving Day Parade returns this year to kick off the holiday season with floats, giant balloons and, of course, a visit by St. Nick.
7. Laumeier Sculpture Park is open 8 a.m. until sunset.
8. Several area movie theaters are open, including Marcus Wehrenberg Theatres, AMC Theatres and B&B Theatres.
9. Select stores at several area malls open early on Thanksgiving. Alton Square Mall, St. Louis Premium Outlets and Taubman Prestige Outlets all open at 6 p.m. At The Meadows, Old Navy will open at 4 p.m. and Nike Factory Store at 10 p.m. St. Clair Square, Chesterfield Mall, Mid Rivers Mall, West County Center and South County Center will all be closed on Thanksgiving. Get mall details.
10. Several local restaurants will host Thanksgiving Day buffets. Get the details.
11. Burn off a few calories at a fun Thanksgiving Day 5K in St. Louis, Chesterfield or Webster Groves. Get the details.
Editorial Assistant Tyne Benesek contributed to this article.
Visit Sprout & About's guide to holiday fun!